I decided it would be lovely to do a home made gift for my friends and family to go along with their card as an extra little present at Christmas. Shortbread biscuits are perfect for this time of year to dip in your tea or nibble on while you watch Christmas films in the evening. Here is the recipe and some pictures I took while making them.
- 6oz plain flour
- 2oz caster sugar
- 4oz butter
- cream your butter and sugar together.
- Gradually blend the flour into the mixture until it begins to gather.
- roll into a ball and then roll out until 1.5 cm thick
- choose your cutter and place the biscuits onto a foiled tray
- sprinkle with caster sugar and set in the fridge for 20 mins
- pre heat your oven to 190 degrees
- after the biscuits have chilled place in the oven until lightly golden.
- allow them to cool then wrap however you like
For the wrapping I decided to use a cone shaped bag which you can buy on Amazon and then brought some ribbon from the card shop in town. You can get ribbon anywhere. I lay out the different sized biscuits into the bag and tied it with some of the ribbon. Here’s what my end product looks like: ( ignore the Instagram background it’s just an image so you’re unable to share ect – It’s being annoying! Sorry Guys )
goodnight , Charlotte x